Salad

Default Crack in cement bird bath

I have a nice birdbath but there is a small hairline crack in the
birdbath dish, probably occurred during a move. Is there something I
can use to seal the crack?
Matt

I'd say more likely it was caused by a group of rambunctious and unruly
teen birds. The problem is that Mother and Father birds just don't
discipline their baby birds the way they used to. As a result, the baby
bird grows up feeling unloved and unwanted, and at the first
opportunity joins a bird gang to prove it's self worth and to join a
common culture where a form of self-identity can be nurtured.

HTH.

Joseph Meehan

Matt wrote:
I'd say more likely it was caused by a group of rambunctious and
unruly teen birds. The problem is that Mother and Father birds just
don't discipline their baby birds the way they used to. As a result,
the baby bird grows up feeling unloved and unwanted, and at the first
opportunity joins a bird gang to prove it's self worth and to join a
common culture where a form of self-identity can be nurtured.

HTH.

I have used two products. The rubbery paint stuff sold to put on tool
handles. That worked about 18 months with two applications. Next I tried
some Epoxy paint made for a garage floor (I was doing my garage floor when I
bought the new one. It has worked for a number of years now.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Matt

You are cracking me up!

m Ransley

Silicone caulk,

Greg

If you have a side grinder I would sugest opening up the crack a bit (about
half way through) and then filling it with epoxy. Work it into the freshly cut
concrete for a good bond.
Salad

Salad wrote:

I have a nice birdbath but there is a small hairline crack in the
birdbath dish, probably occurred during a move. Is there something I
can use to seal the crack?

Thanks all for the responses.

The birds should like my place this summer.

Stormin Mormon

Now, seeing as we have the breakdown of the bird family. The only answer is
for them all to attend church, and do more family activities.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd say more likely it was caused by a group of rambunctious and unruly
teen birds. The problem is that Mother and Father birds just don't
discipline their baby birds the way they used to. As a result, the baby
bird grows up feeling unloved and unwanted, and at the first
opportunity joins a bird gang to prove it's self worth and to join a
common culture where a form of self-identity can be nurtured.

HTH.

Roger

I have a nice birdbath but there is a small hairline crack in the
birdbath dish, probably occurred during a move. Is there something I can
use to seal the crack?

Silicone caulk will work, but water will again begin to leak around the
patch, unless you trowel it on with a putty knife, sorta like paint.. I've
used a waterproofing paint, starts with the letter "U". Quikcrete also makes
a waterproofing paint especially for cement products - I think it is called
quikcoat. Also, check for toxic additives, since we are talking birds.

willshak

On 1/19/2005 1:43 AM US(ET), Roger took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

I have a nice birdbath but there is a small hairline crack in the
birdbath dish, probably occurred during a move. Is there something I can
use to seal the crack?

Silicone caulk will work, but water will again begin to leak around the
patch, unless you trowel it on with a putty knife, sorta like paint.. I've
used a waterproofing paint, starts with the letter "U". Quikcrete also makes

Probably UGL (think 'ugly') DryLoc products.
http://www.ugl.com/DRYLOKframes02.html

a waterproofing paint especially for cement products - I think it is called
quikcoat. Also, check for toxic additives, since we are talking birds.

--
Bill

effi

"Salad" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a nice birdbath but there is a small hairline crack in the birdbath
dish, probably occurred during a move. Is there something I can use to
seal the crack?

three environmentally friendly choices exist:
1. use it as is
2. patch the crack with cement and cement only (not recommended, the crack
will only reappear)
3. replace it

if you cannot safely put the patching material inside your own drinking
glass (which includes all materials suggested in this thread),
why poison birds with it?

Matt

What happens is that this girl meets "Mitch", And then Mitch has this
girl come back to his moms house, but on the way there she stops at a
hotel and gets killed in the shower. Meanwhile, back at Mitch's house,
a bunch of birds get together and set a gas station on fire.

Now, perhaps you can understand why the fountain needs to be patched
with epoxy.

Matt

Also, last summer I learned that combining a bug zapper with a bird
bath can provide unlimited hours of entertainment for the entire family.

Stormin Mormon

Yes, you just have to get the kids to go out and stick a finger in the
birdbath. That 40,000 volts from the bug zapper provides all kinds of fun.
Small boys particularly like the electric pulsating jolt that it provides.
More kewl than a sugar high.

Are you trained in CPR just in case?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

oups.com...

Bath advice Martin Wilson UK diy 2 November 13th 04 06:44 AM
bath along or across joists? (further stories from the house fromhell) Seri UK diy 7 March 12th 04 03:56 PM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
Foundation Cracks Bob W. Home Repair 3 December 22nd 03 05:39 PM
Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM