toller

Default Cutting a hole in Corian

I am replacing an faucet in my kitchen corian sink. The old faucet had a
single hole that everything went though; the new one has three holes. So I
need two new holes.

Is a hole saw the proper tool? A spade bit doesn't seem right. Any tips
would be much appreciated.

BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically
disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up.
Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would
like one that doesn't have this problem.
So... Is this an inherent problem with one hole faucets, or was mine
poorly installed?

Thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski

"toller" wrote in message

BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically
disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up.
Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would
like one that doesn't have this problem.
So... Is this an inherent problem with one hole faucets, or was mine
poorly installed?

Poorly installed. I have single faucets for years with no problems like
that.

Why replace it? Don't you have any duct tape???????

toller wrote:

I am replacing an faucet in my kitchen corian sink. The old faucet had a
single hole that everything went though; the new one has three holes. So I
need two new holes.
. . .
BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically
disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up.
Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would

Except, of course, that if you replace the gasket, you don't have to
be drilling holes in your countertop....
Charles Bishop

In article , "toller" wrote:

I am replacing an faucet in my kitchen corian sink. The old faucet had a
single hole that everything went though; the new one has three holes. So I
need two new holes.

Is a hole saw the proper tool? A spade bit doesn't seem right. Any tips
would be much appreciated.

BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically
disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up.
Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would
like one that doesn't have this problem.
So... Is this an inherent problem with one hole faucets, or was mine
poorly installed?

As I recall, cutting or drilling Corian requires speciality tools, such as
carbide ones. It's been a while so you might check with a local Corian
supplier. They can probably be rented, but overall, I'd just replace the
single hole faucet with a new one, spending the money you save on not
haveing to buy or rent tools on a higher quality one.

Yours could have been mid range to low end. Can you find a replacement
gasket easily?

charles

willshak

On 1/17/2005 11:22 PM US(ET), toller took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i...ingcorian.shtm

--
Bill
toller

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"toller" wrote in message

BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically
disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up.
Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would
like one that doesn't have this problem.
So... Is this an inherent problem with one hole faucets, or was mine
poorly installed?

Poorly installed. I have single faucets for years with no problems like
that.

Why replace it? Don't you have any duct tape???????

At the risk of asking a stupid question, duct tape?

toller

"willshak" wrote in message
On 1/17/2005 11:22 PM US(ET), toller took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

I am replacing an faucet in my kitchen corian sink. The old faucet had a
single hole that everything went though; the new one has three holes. So
I need two new holes.

Is a hole saw the proper tool? A spade bit doesn't seem right. Any tips
would be much appreciated.

BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically
disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up.
Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would
like one that doesn't have this problem.
So... Is this an inherent problem with one hole faucets, or was mine
poorly installed?

Thanks.

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i...ingcorian.shtm

Thank you. Maybe I won't trust my Harbor Freight hole saw; though I just
used it to cut a hole in an electrical panel box.

Edwin Pawlowski

"toller" wrote in message

Why replace it? Don't you have any duct tape???????

At the risk of asking a stupid question, duct tape?

maintenance/mechanical humor.

If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

If it won't move and should, use wd-40