DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   a/c question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86841-c-question.html)

suds mcduff January 17th 05 03:45 PM

a/c question

The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?

--
" I'd rather play for a losin' football team than a winnin' soccer team any
day"

DN B January 17th 05 06:36 PM

'The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?'

1. Stuck contactor.
2. Shorted wiring creating a 115 v. path of current to the motor
continuously.
3. Welded contacts on contactor due to a bug(s) or mouse .
4. Welded contacts on contactor due to a power surge / brownout
occuring.
5. Short of R to Y control wires causing a/c unit to continually call
for cooling.
6. Defective thermostat causing -ditto- .

Call an hvac serviceman.

m Ransley January 17th 05 06:57 PM

Turn off the breaker, get a repairman out.

suds mcduff January 17th 05 11:32 PM

Thanx for the replies.
Tim T

Bubba January 18th 05 03:30 AM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:45:47 -0500, "suds mcduff"
wrote:

The condenser fan on my central a/c unit doesn't shut off.Any ideas?

It must be hot out. Wait till the temp outside cools down.
Bubba