Default Baseboard heat

We have unfisnshed basement playarea for the kids. I would like to
know pepole think Q-Mark brand of baseboard heaters (25408nw) the local
heattiing and cooling company wants $675 for it and intalltation. have
found on the web just over $350 was think of doing it myself.

wayne

I would go with a wall heater vs. baseboard it takes up less space and
having a fan is able to heat up a room quicker. most have thermostat and
mutlispeed fans so you can heat a room quickly or put it on low for silent
operation. You will also save about $ 100.00.

http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Heati...allheaters.htm

I used to have baseboard heat and disliked how much space it took up. Found
out about them when I built a 4 season sun room and needed a heater for it.
Replaced the baseboard heater in the bedroom with on and I was sold.

Wayne

wrote in message ...
We have unfisnshed basement playarea for the kids. I would like to
know pepole think Q-Mark brand of baseboard heaters (25408nw) the local
heattiing and cooling company wants $675 for it and intalltation. have
found on the web just over $350 was think of doing it myself.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message ...
We have unfisnshed basement playarea for the kids. I would like to
know pepole think Q-Mark brand of baseboard heaters (25408nw) the local
heattiing and cooling company wants $675 for it and intalltation. have
found on the web just over $350 was think of doing it myself.

Good for you.

Do you have a question? Can you do it? I have no idea of your skills and
abilities, if you are adding a zone, and many other variables that can add
complexity.

Hello Friend

I agree with Wayne. Look at a fan forced electric heater . You can get
them recessed into the wall, or, a portable unit that are safe to use by
shutting off if it tips over.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Hello Friend" wrote in message
I agree with Wayne. Look at a fan forced electric heater . You can get
them recessed into the wall, or, a portable unit that are safe to use by
shutting off if it tips over.

I don't kow what the OP has for his present fuel, but electric is
considerably more than gas or oil in most places.

Martik

wrote in message ...
We have unfisnshed basement playarea for the kids. I would like to
know pepole think Q-Mark brand of baseboard heaters (25408nw) the local
heattiing and cooling company wants $675 for it and intalltation. have
found on the web just over $350 was think of doing it myself.

You can buy dimplex 1500 watt bb heaters for approx $30 and a dp t-stat for
$15 at Home Depot. Add a double pole breaker and some 10-12 guage wire and
your looking at $100.
1500 watts should heat approx 200sqft or 300 if well insulated.

m Ransley

For most areas in the US Electricity is Double to triple the the cost
of NG . Since you dont care on cost , I dont care on you.

Martik

"m Ransley" wrote in message
For most areas in the US Electricity is Double to triple the the cost
of NG . Since you dont care on cost , I dont care on you.

OP did not ask for an energy price comparison. Gas here is more than
electric especially when zone heating. ie: I pay approx $200/yr to heat
with bb heaters vs $1200-1500 for the average home centrally heated with
gas.

m Ransley

NOWHERE is NG More than electric, wake up Martic , you are ignorant
!!!

Martik

"m Ransley" wrote in message
NOWHERE is NG More than electric, wake up Martic , you are ignorant
!!!

It is he
http://www.bchydro.com/policies/rates/rates767.html

Compare elec furnace to std furnace, zone heat with elec and you are way
ahead.

m Ransley

Only is you have subsidised electric at apx .04kwh are you near equal to
gas. I pay ,125kwh , a US norm so electric is way more in cost. Remember
gas-oil-coal-nuclear generates electricity, it is secondary therby cost
is much greater. Gas is presently cheapest.

G Mulcaster

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:44:17 GMT, "Martik" wrote:

"m Ransley" wrote in message
NOWHERE is NG More than electric, wake up Martic , you are ignorant
!!!

It is he
http://www.bchydro.com/policies/rates/rates767.html

Compare elec furnace to std furnace, zone heat with elec and you are way
ahead.

Thanks for the site. I've been trying to decide on Gas or Elec HW.
our gas prices on Vanc Island are higher than the mainland, so looks
like elec HW is the way to go.

Gary, Royston
Please remove XXX in email address if email reply is desired.
Doug

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:50:19 GMT, Bubba
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:49:59 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Only is you have subsidised electric at apx .04kwh are you near equal to
gas. I pay ,125kwh , a US norm so electric is way more in cost. Remember
gas-oil-coal-nuclear generates electricity, it is secondary therby cost
is much greater. Gas is presently cheapest.

Once again webtv wannabe trailer hack boy who has never worked on hvac
equipment, you are TOTALLY wrong. Remember, its a big wide world out
there. Gas is NOT the cheapest you idiot. But then, maybe in your
trailer propane corner of the world it is.
Bubba

What does experience in working on HVAC equipment have to do with
local heating costs?

You might be fixing their equipment but you are not paying their
heating bills....

You also have no idea on the costs in the poster's area, despite the
fact that you might work inthe HVAC trade.

Here in New England, electric costs exceed $.15/KWH with rate
increases currently before the utility commissions.

With the current price of home heating oil average around $1.90/gallon
here in New England, natural gas is currently the cheapest way to go.

With around 50% of the folks in New England, heating with #2 fuel oil,
many folks are really getting squeezed by their heating bills.

Thus in New England, New York and New Jersey, heating costs are ranked
as follows from most expensive to least:

1. Electric
2. Propane
3. Fuel oil
4. Pellet stoves
5. Natural gas
6. Wood (only if you disregard the value of your own labor)

The problem is that natural gas here in New England exists only in the
central cities. Many suburban areas or towns with less than 15,000
people don't have gas pipelines.

Folks who live in areas with subsidized electric power or electric
power generated by hydro means, have a real bargain.

Doug