DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chamberlain GDO is dead, again. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86674-chamberlain-gdo-dead-again.html)

toller January 16th 05 04:20 PM

Chamberlain GDO is dead, again.

My Chamberlain 1265 stopped working a few weeks ago. You guys gave me
advice about what could be wrong, so I opened it up and found nothing
obvious. However, when I touched the capacitor, it suddenly started working
again. It worked for a few weeks; but is dead now.

I suppose I can try touching the capacitor again, but there has to be a
better fix. I didn't move anything, so I don't think it was a loose wire.

Chamberlain say it is because something went past something else, but that
doesn't explain why touching the capacitor fixed it.

Thanks.

Ross Mac January 16th 05 04:27 PM

"toller" wrote in message
My Chamberlain 1265 stopped working a few weeks ago. You guys gave me
advice about what could be wrong, so I opened it up and found nothing
obvious. However, when I touched the capacitor, it suddenly started
working again. It worked for a few weeks; but is dead now.

I suppose I can try touching the capacitor again, but there has to be a
better fix. I didn't move anything, so I don't think it was a loose wire.

Chamberlain say it is because something went past something else, but that
doesn't explain why touching the capacitor fixed it.

Thanks.

You could have a cold solder joint on the capacitor. Get a magnifier and
look closely for oxidation or cracking at the joint. I used to have a
Chamberlain remote keypad on my garage door and it was *real* picky about
moisture. If it rained a few days you could count on it acting up. .....
good luck, Ross