DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Suctionless Bath Mat Question After Refinishing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86523-re-suctionless-bath-mat-question-after-refinishing.html)

SJF January 15th 05 09:10 PM

Suctionless Bath Mat Question After Refinishing

wrote in message
news:1105816316.1c50818a2a6553dc28d6de9bc79fb056@m eganetnews2...
I just had my bathtub refinished and I was told not to use a bath mat with
suction cups. I am trying my darndest to find one of these suctionless

bath
mats. Someone said that I needed a "european style" mat, but I can't

seem
to find one of these either. Please help!!!! Any recommendations or

places
where I can find what I need would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in

advance!

Same experience. I finally found one. It floated when I filled the tub!

I finally bought the plastic antiskid tape for bathtubs -- available at most
hardware stores. It's holding well over the years. Setting up a pattern
design is interesting. I used a series of V's with the open base of the V's
facing the drain to minimize retained droplets after showering.

Dorot29701 January 16th 05 11:34 PM

I have same problem. Have not been able to find one anywhere. Right now we are
using the old bath mat, turned upside down with suction cups in the air. If
you find one without the suction cups, please post a message on this board with
the name of the store.

Thanks.

[email protected] January 17th 05 08:12 PM

I have same problem. Have not been able to find one anywhere. Right now we are
using the old bath mat, turned upside down with suction cups in the air. If
you find one without the suction cups, please post a message on this board with
the name of the store.

Take a razor knife, and slash the cups so that they don't suck.
-Goedjn

SnowyOwl July 14th 12 01:23 PM

Bathcrest of Mid-Oregon has European-style suctionless bathmats available for sale, here is a link to their product page -http://www.bathcrestofmidoregon.com/european-suctionless-bathmats/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorot29701 (Post 672242)