Default Trimming door jam for floor tile

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder to trim my door jams for the tile that I am laying.

Is it possible that YOU have tried this and would have a link to a
place that carries the blade?

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Also, about how high above the tile should I trim the jam? (I'm using
ceramic tiles on a concrete slab)

Thanks.

Lewis.

Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder to trim my door jams for the tile that I am laying.

Is it possible that YOU have tried this and would have a link to a
place that carries the blade?

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Also, about how high above the tile should I trim the jam? (I'm using
ceramic tiles on a concrete slab)

Thanks.

Lewis.

They are made. Last time I bought one about $20. Try looking for a local
floor-covering wholesaler. I can provide you with a local place that might
ship it to you but you are looking at wait time and extra cost.

Colbyt

DanG

I have a floor installer friend who was using an angle grinder
with a toothed saw blade to do just what you propose.

He lost permanent use of one thumb and had over 100 stitches and
was off work for over 6 months. He told me he had done the same
thing lots of times before.

I agree with others. A hand saw on a scrap of the new flooring or
a dedicated saw with the proper guards!!!

Carpenter for over 40 years - lots of scars, but I do still have
all ten.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder to trim my door jams for the tile that I am laying.

Is it possible that YOU have tried this and would have a link to
place that carries the blade?

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not
found one.

Also, about how high above the tile should I trim the jam? (I'm
using
ceramic tiles on a concrete slab)

Thanks.

Lewis.

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder to trim my door jams for the tile that I am laying.

Well, I gave up on this idea and used the hand saw that is made for the
job.

Its not as difficult as I had thought and, when I hit a nail, I picked
up my hacksaw to finish the cut.

Lewis.

*********

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder to trim my door jams for the tile that I am laying.

Is it possible that YOU have tried this and would have a link to a
place that carries the blade?

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Also, about how high above the tile should I trim the jam? (I'm using
ceramic tiles on a concrete slab)

I don't know about grinders, but there is a hand saw made for that. It has
an offset handle, cost about $10

Method for trimming out 4x4 ???????? [email protected] Woodworking 6 December 18th 04 02:29 AM
Trimming Doors andrewpreece UK diy 11 November 15th 04 10:05 AM
trimming a pine tree root. meirman Home Repair 7 October 3rd 04 04:42 AM
Silicone - Yoke Trimming magnet Jerry Greenberg Electronics Repair 2 August 13th 03 06:10 AM
Carpet trimming - well sort of pork'n'stuffing UK diy 1 August 2nd 03 09:53 PM