DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishwasher making vibrating noise (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86321-dishwasher-making-vibrating-noise.html)

Brian Anderson January 13th 05 02:01 PM

Dishwasher making vibrating noise

Hello,

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that's only a few months old,
installed myself. Some weeks after being installed, it
started making a hellacious vibrational noise at startup and
again at a few select moments in its cycling. The noise can
sometimes last for several minutes. I found that sometimes
turning on the kitchen tap puts an immediate stop to the
noise, so I'm thinking this is maybe a venting problem?

Is this likely to be a problem with the dishwasher
installation, or could the problem be somewhere else in the
pipes and only show up as vibration with the dishwasher?

Any help is appreciated.

Edwin Pawlowski January 13th 05 05:00 PM

"Brian Anderson" wrote in message

Is this likely to be a problem with the dishwasher installation, or could
the problem be somewhere else in the pipes and only show up as vibration
with the dishwasher?

Any help is appreciated.

Could be the fill valve is not opening properly. The water flowing through
is causing the vibration and opening a faucet changes the pressure and stops
it.

Appliance Repair Aid January 13th 05 08:04 PM

Hi,

Brian Anderson wrote:
Hello,

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that's only a few months old,

Don't get too deep into the d.w and void your warranty!

installed myself. Some weeks after being installed, it
started making a hellacious vibrational noise at startup and
again at a few select moments in its cycling. The noise can
sometimes last for several minutes. I found that sometimes
turning on the kitchen tap puts an immediate stop to the
noise, so I'm thinking this is maybe a venting problem?

Is this likely to be a problem with the dishwasher
installation, or could the problem be somewhere else in the
pipes and only show up as vibration with the dishwasher?

Any help is appreciated.

A good chance that they will replace the fill valve, it may not be
opening or closing properly and causing the pipes to bang. I would
check your install in case something is touching or against somthing
else and banging creating the noise.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Brian Anderson January 15th 05 08:47 PM

Thanks for the replies, Edwin and Jeff.

The Sears repairman came out today, replaced the fill valve,
and the vibration is gone.

Thanks for your help!

Brian

Appliance Repair Aid January 16th 05 02:40 PM

Thankx for the update!! :)
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/