DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Broken door knob (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86062-broken-door-knob.html)

steve cannon January 11th 05 11:06 PM

Broken door knob

Hello,

Really could use some help here ! When opening the front door to my house
one day the knob just came off in my hand. There does not seem to be a way
to re-attach it to the shaft it came off of. The door hardware does not
contain a lock, there is a seperate dead bolt on the door. Please help !

Jeff Wisnia January 11th 05 11:46 PM

steve cannon wrote:

Hello,

Really could use some help here ! When opening the front door to my house
one day the knob just came off in my hand. There does not seem to be a way
to re-attach it to the shaft it came off of. The door hardware does not
contain a lock, there is a seperate dead bolt on the door. Please help !

It would really help get you an answer if you would post a link to a
photo of what you have, there are about a zillion different doorknob
designs 'yaknow.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia