DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bathroom tile? ? ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86050-bathroom-tile.html)

Ray Jenkins January 11th 05 11:40 AM

Bathroom tile? ? ?

We are thinking of replacing the wall-tile in our bathroom. As a general
rule, is it much of a problem to take off the old tile?

Ross Mac January 11th 05 02:59 PM

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
We are thinking of replacing the wall-tile in our bathroom. As a general
rule, is it much of a problem to take off the old tile?

That would depend on whether it is a glue up on wallboard or a mesh and mud
installation. If you are not sure what the difference is, on a glue up the
tile stands the tile thickness off the wall where a mesh and mud install
sits out a half inch or so....good luck, Ross

SQLit January 11th 05 06:54 PM

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
We are thinking of replacing the wall-tile in our bathroom. As a general
rule, is it much of a problem to take off the old tile?

No general rules for tile in the bathroom. All depends on the original
installation.
Prepare for a war and maybe you will get lucky. I always seem to have to
replace the drywall before I am done.