DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need help with underground pipe leak. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/85403-need-help-underground-pipe-leak.html)

Noel January 9th 05 03:06 PM

Need help with underground pipe leak.

Hi all,

Today I found out, to my horror, that I have a leak under my cement
floor in the kitchen or hot press.

I emptied out the hot press and noticed that one of the pipes going
underground had damp insulation around it as it went into the ground
and could hear noise so I guess the leak is somewhere near this area.
The floor is damp and in the kitchen I took up some lino and it was
also damp. This has been going on for a long time but put it down to a
bad joint somewhere, as air built up in the radiators after a few
days.

Is this a job for DIY or should I get a plumber in, what is the best
way to approach it, should I take up the floor just inside the hot
press hoping that is where the leak is?

Looking forward to any tips.

kind regards,
Noel.

Speedy Jim January 9th 05 03:57 PM

Noel wrote:

Hi all,

Today I found out, to my horror, that I have a leak under my cement
floor in the kitchen or hot press.

I emptied out the hot press and noticed that one of the pipes going
underground had damp insulation around it as it went into the ground
and could hear noise so I guess the leak is somewhere near this area.
The floor is damp and in the kitchen I took up some lino and it was
also damp. This has been going on for a long time but put it down to a
bad joint somewhere, as air built up in the radiators after a few
days.

Is this a job for DIY or should I get a plumber in, what is the best
way to approach it, should I take up the floor just inside the hot
press hoping that is where the leak is?

Looking forward to any tips.

kind regards,
Noel.