SCOTT

Default Stainless Steel Cleaning

My stainless grill has some rust developing in spots. Most of it will just
wipe away, but some is not going away. How do I remove this?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Ross Mac

"SCOTT" wrote in message
. net...
My stainless grill has some rust developing in spots. Most of it will just
wipe away, but some is not going away. How do I remove this?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Citric acid should clean it up. I know the guys in the plating shops use
diluted nitric or sulphuric acid to clean the stainless hoists because it is
prevalent.
There are also some products by Cerama Bryte that will work. Probably the
product for cleaning stainless sinks would do it. The one that cleans
refrigerators would be too weak for a BBQ. You can get this product at Home
Depot....Good luck, Ross

Tony Hwang

Ross Mac wrote:
"SCOTT" wrote in message
. net...

My stainless grill has some rust developing in spots. Most of it will just
wipe away, but some is not going away. How do I remove this?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Citric acid should clean it up. I know the guys in the plating shops use
diluted nitric or sulphuric acid to clean the stainless hoists because it is
prevalent.
There are also some products by Cerama Bryte that will work. Probably the
product for cleaning stainless sinks would do it. The one that cleans
refrigerators would be too weak for a BBQ. You can get this product at Home
Depot....Good luck, Ross

Hi,
Vim? the kitchen sink cleanser.
Tony
Travis Jordan

SCOTT wrote:
My stainless grill has some rust developing in spots. Most of it will
just wipe away, but some is not going away. How do I remove this?

Nevr-Dull® Wadding Polish - works great on my boat's stainless steel
railing.

My stainless grill has some rust developing in spots. Most of it will just
wipe away, but some is not going away. How do I remove this?

Toothpaste and a brush.