DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another furnace repair question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/84480-another-furnace-repair-question.html)

Krystonia5 January 3rd 05 05:31 AM

Another furnace repair question

I want to be prepared for any future gas furnace problems, and am considering
which service company i would call. Do any of you have recommendations of
using a national chain (such as Sears home central), versus a small local
company? My previous landlord got seriously ripped off by a local repair
company (he paid $800 to have a simple solenoid replaced). Anybody know a good
furnace repair company in the Santa Rosa California area?

Thanks,
Paul

Dr. Hardcrab January 3rd 05 10:54 AM

"Krystonia5" wrote

I want to be prepared for any future gas furnace problems, and am
considering
which service company i would call. Do any of you have recommendations
of
using a national chain (such as Sears home central), versus a small local
company? My previous landlord got seriously ripped off by a local repair
company (he paid $800 to have a simple solenoid replaced). Anybody know a
good
furnace repair company in the Santa Rosa California area?

The best way to do it is to ask your friends and/or neighbors who THEY use
or check with your local BBB....

Joseph Meehan January 3rd 05 12:13 PM

Krystonia5 wrote:
I want to be prepared for any future gas furnace problems, and am
considering which service company i would call. Do any of you have
recommendations of using a national chain (such as Sears home
central), versus a small local company? My previous landlord got
seriously ripped off by a local repair company (he paid $800 to have
a simple solenoid replaced). Anybody know a good furnace repair
company in the Santa Rosa California area?

Thanks,
Paul

I don't think there is any national chain that could be recommended. I
suspect that some national chains have good local reps in some areas and not
so good in others.

The only way I can suggest is to ask locals, your friends neighbors and
co-workers for recommendations.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math