DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moen extensa kitchen faucet small leak (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/84476-moen-extensa-kitchen-faucet-small-leak.html)

Ted January 3rd 05 03:53 AM

Moen extensa kitchen faucet small leak

I notice some leakage from the faucet but I'm not sure if it's
through the swiveling bottom part of the faucet or at the base of the
escutcheon plate that has a gasket within mounted to the sink (or
maybe it's both???). I also see a small drip on occasion just after I
run it in the compartment below. I just replaced the cartridge. Any
idea what might fix this type leak?

[email protected] January 3rd 05 06:11 AM

What is the Moen model number?

Here are several options:
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=595

Nick Hull January 3rd 05 12:18 PM

In article , Ted wrote:

I notice some leakage from the faucet but I'm not sure if it's
through the swiveling bottom part of the faucet or at the base of the
escutcheon plate that has a gasket within mounted to the sink (or
maybe it's both???). I also see a small drip on occasion just after I
run it in the compartment below. I just replaced the cartridge. Any
idea what might fix this type leak?

I had a lot of leaks from my Moen faucets until I found out about
silicone grease. The main difference between your old leaky seals and
new ones is a thin film of silicone grease, if you pull the old
cartridge etc and slop silicone grease on it it will work better than
new.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/