DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Faucet handle goes beyond normal stopping point (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/83874-faucet-handle-goes-beyond-normal-stopping-point.html)

New & Improved - N/F John December 31st 04 08:00 PM

Faucet handle goes beyond normal stopping point

My washerless bathroom sink faucet cold side turns beyond the normal
stopping point. This doesn't make much difference in warm temperatures, but
in the cold it drips.

What causes the handle to turn too far? Can this and the drip be fixed with
a new cartridge?

New & Improved - N/F John January 1st 05 09:00 PM

Tommy,

Your answer doesn't seem to fit my concern. Your answer probably should be
on the Comedy newsgroup.

wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:00:59 -0500, "New & Improved - N/F John"
wrote:

My washerless bathroom sink faucet cold side turns beyond the normal
stopping point. This doesn't make much difference in warm temperatures,

but
in the cold it drips.

What causes the handle to turn too far? Can this and the drip be fixed

with
a new cartridge?

Cool.......

What you have there is a dual purpose faucet. If you keep turning it
around and around, after about 6 thru 10 turns, you will get a shower
and wont even have to get into your shower stall or bathtub. These
are most handy if you only have one shower and have a wife that's in
the shower everytime you want to use it.

Fred January 2nd 05 03:18 AM

wrote:

My washerless bathroom sink faucet cold side turns beyond the normal
stopping point. This doesn't make much difference in warm temperatures, but
in the cold it drips.

What causes the handle to turn too far? Can this and the drip be fixed with
a new cartridge?

Take it apart and look.