DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need flywheel (grinder wheel) for GE disposal model GFC800Y (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/83873-need-flywheel-grinder-wheel-ge-disposal-model-gfc800y.html)

Tim C. December 31st 04 07:34 PM

need flywheel (grinder wheel) for GE disposal model GFC800Y

I have a GE 1/2 horsepower garbage disposal, model GFC800Y, about 6
years old. I need the grinder wheel (I think officially it is called
flywheel S.A.). I found a diagram online that shows it as part #
WC19X0042.

One online place says it is obsolete. Sears online has a stock number
for it but they cannot get it either. The disposal is fine except for
needing a wheel.
Anyone know where I can get one or have any advice?

Thanks,
Tim C.

John Grabowski December 31st 04 08:15 PM

The part number that you have might be obsolete because the manufacturer may
have replaced it with a newer model. Give these guys a call:
http://www.jacobyparts.com Make sure that you have the model number and
serial number handy.

ups.com...

Appliance Repair Aid January 1st 05 04:42 AM

Tim C. wrote:
I have a GE 1/2 horsepower garbage disposal, model GFC800Y, about 6
years old. I need the grinder wheel (I think officially it is called
flywheel S.A.). I found a diagram online that shows it as part #
WC19X0042.

One online place says it is obsolete. Sears online has a stock

number
for it but they cannot get it either. The disposal is fine except

for
needing a wheel.
Anyone know where I can get one or have any advice?

Thanks,
Tim C.

Hi,

WC19X0042 is WC19X42

Comes up No Longer Available for me at every place that I tried :(

http://www.itsnla.com/
Maybe they can help.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Tim C. January 2nd 05 03:04 PM

In addition to the flywheel problem, the disposer has now developed a
water leak underneath and tightening doesn't seem to fix it.....we are
going to just replace it.

Thanks to all who responded.

Tim

Appliance Repair Aid January 2nd 05 03:15 PM

Hi and Happy New Years,

Thankx for the update!
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid