Ryan

Default problem with loud high pitched screech

I do not know what is going on. It seems to only happen at night. One time
it happened at 3PM and its getting worse. Its not happening about every 3-10
minutes. There is a loud high pitched screech that seems to come from the
wall near my bathroom. its hard to tell.

i thought it was the pipes so i turned off the main water valve and this did
not improve anything. I do not know why it doesn't happen during the day.
The screech lasts about 1 second, but recurs.

any idea?

Joseph Meehan

Ryan wrote:
I do not know what is going on. It seems to only happen at night. One
time it happened at 3PM and its getting worse. Its not happening
about every 3-10 minutes. There is a loud high pitched screech that
seems to come from the wall near my bathroom. its hard to tell.

i thought it was the pipes so i turned off the main water valve and
this did not improve anything. I do not know why it doesn't happen
during the day. The screech lasts about 1 second, but recurs.

any idea?

Owls?

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

William W. Plummer

Ryan wrote:
I do not know what is going on. It seems to only happen at night. One time
it happened at 3PM and its getting worse. Its not happening about every 3-10
minutes. There is a loud high pitched screech that seems to come from the
wall near my bathroom. its hard to tell.

i thought it was the pipes so i turned off the main water valve and this did
not improve anything. I do not know why it doesn't happen during the day.
The screech lasts about 1 second, but recurs.

any idea?

Washer in the fill line and valve of your toilet. The flapper is
probably leaking a tiny bit and the toilet needs to refill every once in
awhile, your 3-10 minutes. Start replacing parts in the fill line back
to the wall if need be.

Steve B.

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:32:42 -0500, "Ryan"
wrote:

I do not know what is going on. It seems to only happen at night. One time
it happened at 3PM and its getting worse. Its not happening about every 3-10
minutes. There is a loud high pitched screech that seems to come from the
wall near my bathroom. its hard to tell.

i thought it was the pipes so i turned off the main water valve and this did
not improve anything. I do not know why it doesn't happen during the day.
The screech lasts about 1 second, but recurs.

any idea?

Could it be a pump or fan motor in your heating system?

Steve B.
Eric

Ryan wrote:

I do not know what is going on. It seems to only happen at night. One time
it happened at 3PM and its getting worse. Its not happening about every
3-10 minutes. There is a loud high pitched screech that seems to come from
the wall near my bathroom. its hard to tell.

i thought it was the pipes so i turned off the main water valve and this
did not improve anything. I do not know why it doesn't happen during the
day. The screech lasts about 1 second, but recurs.

any idea?

Let your wife out of the bathroom!
Eric
--
There are times in history where we face unparalleled evil.
The Nazi's under Hitler is one example,