martik

Default House wrap

I'm replacing all the windows which will involve removing much of the cedar
siding. Would it be worthwhile to remove ALL the siding and apply housewrap
to the exterior? House was built in 1978.
Colbyt

"martik" wrote in message
I'm replacing all the windows which will involve removing much of the

cedar
siding. Would it be worthwhile to remove ALL the siding and apply

housewrap
to the exterior? House was built in 1978.

Not an expert but have read a bit on the subject. If you have felt under the
siding now it may be as good as the housewrap depending on your locale. If
you have nothing adding housewrap will offer some benefits. I don't have a
clue as to what a $ payback might be. Comfort might be a bigger factor.

Colbyt

Martik

Not an expert but have read a bit on the subject. If you have felt under
the
siding now it may be as good as the housewrap depending on your locale.
If
you have nothing adding housewrap will offer some benefits. I don't have
clue as to what a $ payback might be. Comfort might be a bigger factor.

Thanks, already have tar paper so I won't bother. I think airsealing the
attic and interior walls will have a greater impact.