DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool Dishwasher keypad problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/83383-whirlpool-dishwasher-keypad-problem.html)

Sunil December 28th 04 12:54 AM

Whirlpool Dishwasher keypad problem

I have a 5 year old Whirlpool dishwasher Model # SUD600HQ1 under the
Kirkland Quiet Max logo from Costco. It has touch pad buttons.
Suddenly, some keys, including the one for "Normal" and "Pots & Pans"
have stopped responding. I can still run a complete wash cycle on the
"Low Energy" or "China" program.

I opened up the door panel and pressed in all the connectors firmly but
no luck.

How can I isolate if the problem lies with the Control Board or with
the keypad?

Is the keypad replaceable? Where can I buy one? Is there anything on
the control board that I can check with a multimeter?

Any pointers are most welcome as I feel I am on a short lease until the
remaining keys also stop working.
Thanks.

S Mathur

Appliance Repair Aid December 28th 04 02:49 AM

Hi,

Sunil wrote:
I have a 5 year old Whirlpool dishwasher Model # SUD600HQ1 under the
Kirkland Quiet Max logo from Costco. It has touch pad buttons.
Suddenly, some keys, including the one for "Normal" and "Pots & Pans"
have stopped responding. I can still run a complete wash cycle on the
"Low Energy" or "China" program.

I opened up the door panel and pressed in all the connectors firmly

but
no luck.

How can I isolate if the problem lies with the Control Board or with
the keypad?

You may not with out a key/touch panal tester.....or some tech sheets
have a section on ohm meter testing the key panal....failing those you
will be best guessing.

Is the keypad replaceable? Where can I buy one?

Yes.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=829762
Panel-cntl

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=940021
Electronic control assembly

Is there anything on
the control board that I can check with a multimeter?

Check the tech sheet that comes with the unit, since some cycles work
the control may be ok.

Any pointers are most welcome as I feel I am on a short lease until

the
remaining keys also stop working.
Thanks.

S Mathur