DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Reverse lighted toggle switch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/82959-reverse-lighted-toggle-switch.html)

Owain December 24th 04 12:09 AM

Reverse lighted toggle switch

| ome of my neighbors have seen prowlers around our residential area
| and many of us decided to leave our front door outside lights on
| all night.

Far more effective would be lights on PIR sensors that switch on then
any person approaches. Much more disconcerting to any prowler. YOu can
get hi-low lights (for incandescent lamps) that have a photocell and
come on dimmed overnight, switching to full brightness when someone
approaches - the best of both worlds.

Owain

PS Sorry - googlegroups broken - no references / post may not thread
correctly