DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   waiting time for ceramic over new oil paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/82957-re-waiting-time-ceramic-over-new-oil-paint.html)

Joe Bobst December 23rd 04 11:07 PM

waiting time for ceramic over new oil paint?

How long do I have to let the paint dry before I use mastic to adhere the
new ceramic tile?

Look on the paint can label. It will say "dries to touch...", "fully dry..." to
give you a clue. Whatever, the longer the better. Take a couple of days while
you're waiting and finish some other projects. HTH

Joe

PJX December 24th 04 02:08 PM

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:36:24 GMT, "gary"
wrote:

New bathroom and I am going to paint around the tub area with an oil paint.
How long do I have to let the paint dry before I use mastic to adhere the
new ceramic tile?

Thx & Merry Christmas

A couple of weeks minimum.

[email protected] December 24th 04 02:32 PM

gary wrote:
New bathroom and I am going to paint around the tub area with an oil

paint.
How long do I have to let the paint dry before I use mastic to adhere

the
new ceramic tile?

Thx & Merry Christmas

Why don't you put 1/4" cement board up where you're going to tile?