DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which side to install garbage disposal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/82877-side-install-garbage-disposal.html)

Aaron December 23rd 04 02:46 PM

Which side to install garbage disposal

I just bought a new double sink. One side of the sink is deep and
wide, and the other side is shallow and small. Which side to I install
the garbage disposal on?

SQLit December 23rd 04 04:30 PM

"Aaron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new double sink. One side of the sink is deep and
wide, and the other side is shallow and small. Which side to I install
the garbage disposal on?

Your sink your choice. I would put it on the small side

Greg December 23rd 04 04:54 PM

The height of the drain stub out may be an issue.
That is the second rule of plumbing. Stuff don't flow up hill.

Colbyt December 23rd 04 05:35 PM

"Aaron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new double sink. One side of the sink is deep and
wide, and the other side is shallow and small. Which side to I install
the garbage disposal on?

As already said your sink your choice but generally the shallow sink is
considered to be the "prep sink" and more likely to need the disposal for
the scraps and peelings.

Jeff Wisnia December 23rd 04 08:27 PM

Greg wrote:

The height of the drain stub out may be an issue.
That is the second rule of plumbing. Stuff don't flow up hill.

And the first rule is, "Don't leave the job location without getting
paid..."

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"

Brynk December 24th 04 01:44 PM

The shallow side is designed for the disposal, but scraps are always in the
deeper section and need to be moved.

I always used the deeper section until I got a full double sink

Space under the sink is a primary consideration, tho

--
Barry

oups.com...

JennP December 26th 04 02:36 PM

"Aaron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new double sink. One side of the sink is deep and
wide, and the other side is shallow and small. Which side to I install
the garbage disposal on?

JMO, but the main sink. You rinse the dirty dishes in the large sink then
all the food waste goes in that disposer.

JennP.

JennP December 26th 04 02:37 PM

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Aaron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new double sink. One side of the sink is deep and
wide, and the other side is shallow and small. Which side to I install
the garbage disposal on?

As already said your sink your choice but generally the shallow sink is
considered to be the "prep sink" and more likely to need the disposal for
the scraps and peelings.

Interesting. I use the little sink for rinsing with clear water so it
doesn't fill up my soapy water in the larger sink.

JennP.