DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   put your hand in my toilet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/82758-put-your-hand-my-toilet.html)

bumtracks December 22nd 04 05:45 PM

put your hand in my toilet

toilet tank flapper isn't sealing quite perfectly
on occasion hear the tank topping up.
Thing in there now is attached with ears over tabs on the tube and looks
like pressed carped padding - butt ugly!

Any good/better/best stopper floppers out there ? options ?

William Deans December 22nd 04 06:01 PM

Greetings,

Make sure the lip that the flapper seals against is smooth and clean.

Hope this helps,
William

PS: The 99c ones have always served me well.

Rich December 22nd 04 06:40 PM

"bumtracks" wrote in message
toilet tank flapper isn't sealing quite perfectly
on occasion hear the tank topping up.
Thing in there now is attached with ears over tabs on the tube and looks
like pressed carped padding - butt ugly!

Any good/better/best stopper floppers out there ? options ?

A direct replacement should work fine. Just be certain that your "topping
up" is not due to something else like the tube into the overflow pipe being
too far down and siphoning.

Michael Baugh December 22nd 04 11:43 PM

I prefer the Korky Original.
If I release the handle, it drops quickly, and seems to
last forever.

news:1103738094.67bd81a364c056634d28794dc7178ff1@t eranews...

bumtracks December 23rd 04 01:47 AM

"Michael Baugh" wrote in message
I prefer the Korky Original.

Korgy Orig, was bot@neighborhood hardware store, $2.99 + 7% tax lowest
priced one available there.

Picked up a big roll of what I thought was 2"wide 3m clear packing tape,
thought Ouch $6.xx but it is flat/invisable box tape ,, . compared
yardage & price with the 2" shiny brown package tape then noticed the
package said `Clear Nearly Invisable Duct Tape !
Suddenly I realized - I could make Invisable repairs everywhere ! Oh man
I though NEAT - bought myself all three rolls for christmas ;)

Brian Barnson December 23rd 04 03:42 PM

"bumtracks" wrote in message
toilet tank flapper isn't sealing quite perfectly
on occasion hear the tank topping up.
Thing in there now is attached with ears over tabs on the tube and looks
like pressed carped padding - butt ugly!

Any good/better/best stopper floppers out there ? options ?

I have found that some of the cheap blue cleaner blocks you
leave in the tank can degrade the plastic flapper. Is this a clue?
Brian, in Cedar