DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Connecting PVC to pex (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/82592-connecting-pvc-pex.html)

jack December 21st 04 03:27 PM

Connecting PVC to pex

I have a exterior sprinkler system. The water source is on one end of the
house. To get the water to the other side of the basement where the
sprinkler is located, the installers ran PVC pipe along the joists.

I am now going to finish the basement. I need to move the pipe. Instead of
using pvc, I thought I could use PEX to snake the line out of the way.

-1- Can i do a transition from PVC to PEX ?
-2- Is this a bad idea ?
-3- Anything else you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks for you time.