DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita vs P.C. - twin stack compressor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/82577-makita-vs-p-c-twin-stack-compressor.html)

Sugob December 21st 04 02:47 PM

Makita vs P.C. - twin stack compressor

I've narrowed my choice of small compressors down to two - The Makita
MAC2400 and the Porter Cable CPLDC2540S. Both are practically the same
cost so I'm trying to determine which features are more useful.

http://www.makitausa.com/Tools_Item_View.asp?id=766
http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2586

The two biggest differences are the run speed and the tank pressure.

The Makita runs at only 1720 rpm vs. 3450 for the P.C. - that makes the
Mak quieter and potentially longer lasting.

The P.C. has a 150psi (vs. 130) rating which squeezes more volume from
a small compressor.

Because of the higher pressure, I'm leaning toward the P.C.. Anything
else I should consider? I'm assuming either of these would be a quality
tool.

Thanks