DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore Elite Dryer starts but won't keep running (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/82260-kenmore-elite-dryer-starts-but-wont-keep-running.html)

[email protected] December 19th 04 04:01 PM

Kenmore Elite Dryer starts but won't keep running

I have a 2 year old Kenmore Elite Dryer model 110 62974100 that will
start but stops running as soon as I stop pushing the start button. I
don't have a manual and can't seem to find the troubleshooting
instructions.

Mad Mac December 19th 04 08:34 PM

Let me guess..it says "even heat" on the console, right?

Have a look here....

http://www.applianceaid.com/evenheat.html

meirman December 20th 04 04:46 AM

In alt.home.repair on 19 Dec 2004 08:01:00 -0800
posted:

I have a 2 year old Kenmore Elite Dryer model 110 62974100 that will
start but stops running as soon as I stop pushing the start button. I
don't have a manual and can't seem to find the troubleshooting
instructions.

It has a cycle that stops when the clothes are dry enough? One guess
is that the dryness measuring device thinks they are already dry.
Try using timed drying, regardless of how dry it is.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

LFR December 20th 04 03:56 PM

wrote in message oups.com...
I have a 2 year old Kenmore Elite Dryer model 110 62974100 that will
start but stops running as soon as I stop pushing the start button. I
don't have a manual and can't seem to find the troubleshooting
instructions.

Maybe the device that detects whether the door is closed is detecting an open door?