DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Suggestion for PEX Tubing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/81988-suggestion-pex-tubing.html)

Peter Langevin December 17th 04 05:06 AM

Suggestion for PEX Tubing

I'm roughing in a new bathroom in the loft of my home, and for a
variety of reasons I'd like to use PEX tubing to do the job. I've
seen it used on a number of the home improvement shows, and I believe
that it will be perfect for this application.

It does look like there are quite a few different kinds of tubing and
connectors out there, though. The most thorough site that I've found
yet is PEX Connection, which offers BESTPEX tubing and an all-in-one
ratcheting crimper that doesn't require a go/no go tool.

Does anyone have experience with the different brands of PEX tubing
and tools, and can offer a suggestion or insight into which one I
should choose?

Thanks all.

Tony Hwang December 17th 04 05:52 AM

Peter Langevin wrote:
I'm roughing in a new bathroom in the loft of my home, and for a
variety of reasons I'd like to use PEX tubing to do the job. I've
seen it used on a number of the home improvement shows, and I believe
that it will be perfect for this application.

It does look like there are quite a few different kinds of tubing and
connectors out there, though. The most thorough site that I've found
yet is PEX Connection, which offers BESTPEX tubing and an all-in-one
ratcheting crimper that doesn't require a go/no go tool.

Does anyone have experience with the different brands of PEX tubing
and tools, and can offer a suggestion or insight into which one I
should choose?

Thanks all.

Hi,
PEX is good choice. Actually in my area, that's the one allowed.
When I did some work(sprinkler installation tap-off), I borrowed
crimping tool from HD(cheaper renting
than buying a good one) Also crimp rings for PEX should be used.
As an amateur, my work turned out very good, no leak any where.
The rent was by the hour or day.
Tony