Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bobby Walsh

Default Contractor Punking Me

I am adding a bathroom to an empty room upstairs. There is no plumbing
upstairs, but there is a bathroom right below the new bathroom. 1920's
house.

I repeatedly asked the contractor during the negotiation if it would be
a problem to run the pipes. He kept telling me he'd been doing this for
years, yada yada - never a problem.

We made him take the thing out of the contract that said it could cost
unlimited dollars to run the pipes, we capped it at $250.

Now the underling is telling me they are going to run the pipes down the
corner of a closet below the new bathroom, and case it in with a fake
wall.

I consider this a lame shortcut. He kept telling me it's not a problem
to run pipes in the walls, now he doesn't want to do it? Well,
obviously it's not if you're just going to run the pipes down a closet!!

Am I being unreasonable to protest this move??