DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flickering lights (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/81773-flickering-lights.html)

barry martin December 15th 04 07:33 PM

Flickering lights

MPOST:

M I have some wall sconces that are hooked up to a dimmer switch. When the
M switch is completely turned off, the sconces will occasionally flicker on
M (very dim) and then off again. Any idea why this might be happening?

I would replace the dimmer. It sounds like the dimmer is not shutting
off completely (more accurately, almost off). Here we have several
dimmers controlling various wattage loads and at 'full dim' none have
the load flicker on or even come on then go off again.

I have had what you describe when the dimmer is set to have the light
bulb barely come on (or barely shut off). Changes in line voltage
will cause the bulbs to barely come on or extinguish, depending on the
setting.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* OLD FOLKS' PARTY GAMES: 20 Questions Shouted into your Good Ear
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

Playintennis5274 December 16th 04 02:15 AM

replace the dimmer w/ a good qulity brand. That will solve your problems