DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mildew (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/80797-mildew.html)

Joe Martin December 9th 04 03:36 AM

Mildew

I have vinyl siding on my home and I'm beginning to have a slight mildew
problem on the vinyl. Anyone have any recommendation as to what to use to
clean it? I'll be doing it all by hand, the old fashioned way. Thanks.

Phisherman December 9th 04 03:51 AM

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:36:14 -0600, "Joe Martin"
wrote:

I have vinyl siding on my home and I'm beginning to have a slight mildew
problem on the vinyl. Anyone have any recommendation as to what to use to
clean it? I'll be doing it all by hand, the old fashioned way. Thanks.

1/2 cup TSP, 1 cup bleach, 1 gallon warm water in a garden sprayer.
If you can't purchase the TSP, you can use Jomax (at HD). I use a
soft bristle brush on a telescoping wand. My house is large, so I
cleaned one side per day.