Old December 1st 04, 04:59 PM
Frank Mackell

Default Paint for Fiberglass? Laundry Sink

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning jobs
receives?

Thanks

fm

Old December 1st 04, 07:28 PM
SQLit

"Frank Mackell" wrote in message
. com...
My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and would

like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning jobs
receives?

Thanks

fm

There are paints that will adhere well to fiberglass. Add in physical abuse
and chemical your looking for something that is unknown to me.

Old December 1st 04, 09:30 PM
Joe Bobst

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse,

Boat shops have the kinds of paint that may survive, but the color choice is
limited. Prices are a bit much, so take your better half along to see how much
budget strain she can stand. Good luck.

Joe

Old December 1st 04, 10:56 PM
willshak

On 12/1/2004 4:58 PM US(ET), Grandpa Koca took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Frank Mackell wrote:

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and
would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning
jobs
receives?

Look for this stuff:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/tubtile.html
at the box stores.
There are a few color choices.

It's a Fiberglass sink (see header).
Old December 1st 04, 10:58 PM
Grandpa Koca

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

Old December 2nd 04, 12:20 AM
Grandpa Koca

Frank Mackell wrote:

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and
would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning
jobs
receives?

Look for this stuff:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/tubtile.html
at the box stores.
There are a few color choices.

It's a Fiberglass sink (see header).

Mea Culpa, try this:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/surround.html

Old December 2nd 04, 02:39 AM
Jim Yanik

willshak wrote in
:

Frank Mackell wrote:

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and
would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning
jobs
receives?

Look for this stuff:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/tubtile.html
at the box stores.
There are a few color choices.

It's a Fiberglass sink (see header).

Klenks makes a epoxy paint for fiberglass tubs and sinks.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 07:01 AM
Question about latex paint which is solidifying in the can Peter Palma Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 02:59 PM
Replacing shower with laundry sink Peter A Home Repair 2 July 5th 04 08:13 AM
Is there a machine to paint trim/baseboard ? Mark & Shauna Home Repair 20 July 26th 03 03:35 PM