DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint for Fiberglass? Laundry Sink (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/79449-paint-fiberglass-laundry-sink.html)

Frank Mackell December 1st 04 03:59 PM

Paint for Fiberglass? Laundry Sink

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning jobs
receives?

Thanks

fm

SQLit December 1st 04 06:28 PM

"Frank Mackell" wrote in message
. com...
My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and would

like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning jobs
receives?

Thanks

fm

There are paints that will adhere well to fiberglass. Add in physical abuse
and chemical your looking for something that is unknown to me.

Joe Bobst December 1st 04 08:30 PM

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse,

Boat shops have the kinds of paint that may survive, but the color choice is
limited. Prices are a bit much, so take your better half along to see how much
budget strain she can stand. Good luck.

Joe

willshak December 1st 04 09:56 PM

On 12/1/2004 4:58 PM US(ET), Grandpa Koca took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Frank Mackell wrote:

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and
would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning
jobs
receives?

Look for this stuff:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/tubtile.html
at the box stores.
There are a few color choices.

It's a Fiberglass sink (see header).

Grandpa Koca December 1st 04 09:58 PM

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

Grandpa Koca December 1st 04 11:20 PM

Frank Mackell wrote:

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and
would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning
jobs
receives?

Look for this stuff:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/tubtile.html
at the box stores.
There are a few color choices.

It's a Fiberglass sink (see header).

Mea Culpa, try this:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/surround.html

Jim Yanik December 2nd 04 01:39 AM

willshak wrote in
:

Frank Mackell wrote:

My wife wants to make our laundry room sink easier on the eye and
would like
to paint it.

What is gonna stay on that surface and tolerate the abuse, physical and
chemical, that the large (~24"x24"?) receiver of our biggest cleaning
jobs
receives?

Look for this stuff:
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/tubtile.html
at the box stores.
There are a few color choices.

It's a Fiberglass sink (see header).

Klenks makes a epoxy paint for fiberglass tubs and sinks.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net