DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Winter Tip - Shingle Roll in Truck (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/79429-winter-tip-shingle-roll-truck.html)

MilkyWhy December 1st 04 05:43 AM

Winter Tip - Shingle Roll in Truck

I keep a 80 pound roll of shingles (roll roofing) in the back of my truck. Once
a season or so, I have to throw it under my tires to get unstuck. Works like a
charm.

Fogbank December 1st 04 06:52 PM

(MilkyWhy) wrote in message ...
I keep a 80 pound roll of shingles (roll roofing) in the back of my truck. Once
a season or so, I have to throw it under my tires to get unstuck. Works like a
charm.

yes, and i have seperate shingles on steps of my outside deck.
excellent for non slip traction and absolutely no tar comes off them.

Robert Allison December 2nd 04 01:08 AM

MilkyWhy wrote:

I keep a 80 pound roll of shingles (roll roofing) in the back of my truck. Once
a season or so, I have to throw it under my tires to get unstuck. Works like a
charm.

What do you get stuck on? I haven't had that problem much in the
winter. But then I have four wheel drive, too.

Sorry couldn't resist gloating a bit about our mild winters down
here.

Difference between four wheel and two wheel drive: How far you have
to walk to call a tow truck.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.