DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas range problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/79142-gas-range-problem.html)

barry martin November 29th 04 01:32 AM

Gas range problem

Rich:

R What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to
R ignite completely only while my oven is used.

Low gas line pressure? Partially closed shutoff valve? Kinked
flextube behind range?

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Sign at health club: Barbells - All you can lift $189.99
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

barry martin November 29th 04 01:32 AM

Joseph:

JM Rich123 wrote:
JM What would cause my gas range top burners to partially ignite or fail to
JM ignite completely only while my oven is used.
JM
JM Did it just start doing this?
JM
JM That sounds like the pressure is too high or the burners themselves hav

Learning question: why would _increased_ pressure cause Rich123's
problem? Seems like slightly low pressure would be more logical --
enough gas pressure for the top elements or the oven but not both.
(Never claimed just because it sounds logical to me it's right, which
is why I'm asking. :) )

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Getting old: People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"
---