Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MilkyWhy

Default Use Solder As Rope/Temp Tie

I find that lots of times, I will use a length of rather thick Solder to secure
items together mechanically. I'm not talking about melting or heating or
actually soldering it, then. The beauty of Solder (used as a tie or rope) is
that it can easily be bent or looped in any direction, it will retain that
shape and not try to uncoil.

For instance, say you want to create a 3 foot long suspended rope with a hook
to connect something, or you want to hold a door open or closed. Just tie it or
make it with a length of Solder (wire). This will do the job temporarily, you
then position and hold the items in place, then you remove the (securing)
Solder.

How do tell a liquid from a solid? Jeffrey Lindemuth Metalworking 20 December 29th 03 05:16 PM
Solder Bryan Electronics 2 August 23rd 03 07:37 PM
Why solder will not melt? Mark & Shauna Home Ownership 2 June 24th 03 02:12 PM