Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dan K

Default Circuit breaker tripped while on vacation, how to get smell out of refrigerator?

We figure a couple days into our 2 week vacation the circuit breaker tripped
on our refrigerator (due to a light on a timer plugged into the same
circuit, but thats another story). You can imagine the mess and smell that
greeted us when we got back. We have removed everything, washed the inside
of the refrig/freezer down with a germacide (that works great in the laundry
for perspiration smells), and left baking soda in for 24 hours but it still
stinks to high heaven. The smell seems to be in everything plastic, and
theres a lot of plastic in the 2 year old (brand new as far as I'm
concerned) fridge. Any tips to get the smell out?