DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drywall alternative? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/78499-drywall-alternative.html)

rck November 24th 04 08:36 AM

Drywall alternative?

I hate finishing drywall. Is there an alternative other than 1/4 inch thick
paneling that is still cost effective? I had considered 3/8 thick masonite
siding but I don't know if that would meet the fire code for interior use.

Bob

DanG November 24th 04 12:13 PM

You might be interested in pre-finished vinyl rock.

Each manufacturer has a line. Here is the one for National:
http://www.national-gypsum.com/produ...t:8&product=14

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

ink.net...

Wayne Whitney November 24th 04 06:25 PM

On 2004-11-24, rck wrote:

I hate finishing drywall. Is there an alternative other than 1/4 inch thick
paneling that is still cost effective?

You could consider veneer plaster. It is slightly more expensive than
drywall, but the finishing is quicker and less messy (very little dust).

Cheers, Wayne