Old November 21st 04, 10:58 PM
[email protected]

Default Flue Damper on double-wall chimney pipe??

I'm connecting a woodstove to a DuraVent triple-wall chimney using the
double wall duravent pipe from the stove to the thimble in the ceiling.

But nothing in the instruct, pictures, etc makes any mention 9of
where/how to install a flue damper in this pipe. You know ... the
handle on the pipe you turn to control the draft through the chimney.
Do I just drill it like normal single wall pipe? Is there some sort of
adaptor section for this? Of course the dealer I bought it from is
closed on Sundays :/
Thanks
Eric

Old November 22nd 04, 02:30 PM
[email protected]

Nick Hull wrote:

I'm connecting a woodstove to a DuraVent triple-wall chimney using the
double wall duravent pipe from the stove to the thimble in the ceiling.

But nothing in the instruct, pictures, etc makes any mention 9of
where/how to install a flue damper in this pipe. You know ... the
handle on the pipe you turn to control the draft through the chimney.
Do I just drill it like normal single wall pipe? Is there some sort of
adaptor section for this? Of course the dealer I bought it from is
closed on Sundays :/
Thanks
Eric

Why are you using insulated pipe between the stove & ceiling when you
can get lots of free heat from an uninsulated single wall section?

You need 18" clearance from single-wall pipe, and I don't have it. Only
need 6" with the double wall.
Old November 26th 04, 04:51 PM
John Galbreath Jr.

Look here on my commercial site:

http://www.FireLogs.com/DuraVentBlackPipe.htm

Part number is 8679 (6") or 8879 (8"). Both are in stock and I can ship
immediately.