DSnail

Default Failed epoxy injection...next step

My ~4 year old foundation developed small cracks that let in small
amounts of water during really heavy periods of rain. The builder
sent his sub that does epoxy injection to inject 4 cracks. He put
some ports on the wall, sealed the crack with something and injected
them. He came back a couple of days later and removed the ports. 3
out of the 4 still leaked with the heavy rains this year. Everyone I
talked to previous to allowing the sub to do the work said that epoxy
injection works. So I have to assume it was the sub not doing it
properly. My question is, what can be done now? Can they be
reinjected? Unfortunately, I believed everyone that said it would be
fixed and went ahead and built my deck over one of the cracks. I was
thinking of digging it out on the outside and fixing but everyone said
don't bother. I can't get to it now.

Thanks
DSnail

Actually there is plenty of pitch to the ground away from the house in
these locations and the downspouts (and sump pump) go directly into
the storm sewer system. The cracks are small and let in a very small
amount of water - I think the ground is just saturated at that point.

(Chet Hayes) wrote in message om...
(DSnail) wrote in message . com...
[...]

It's very difficult, if not impossible to solve a leak problem by
fixing cracks in a basement wall. It may help, but the real solution
is to get rid of the water by other means. The first thing to check
is the grading outside, make sure it pitchs away from the house by
about 1/2 per foot. Find out where the water from the gutter leaders
is going and make sure that goes at least 6 ft away from the house.
I'd get out there during a heavy rain and see what's going on, it's
not easy to tell without doing that. Look for an signs of pooling.

Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 05:56 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 09:45 PM
Epoxy and machine building.... Richard Nienhuis Metalworking 19 December 20th 03 01:56 AM
glue in knotholes T. Woodworking 8 October 9th 03 12:41 AM