Dan Kennedy

Default Wood siding?

Is it possible to replace sections of wood siding? I have a section
of the siding of my house that is warped and am worried about issues
that could arise from the wood being swollen and warped. Would it be
possible for me to replace just those areas or will I have to replace
the entire siding?
Thanks for any input,
Dan
Edwin Pawlowski

"Dan Kennedy" wrote in message
om...
Is it possible to replace sections of wood siding? I have a section
of the siding of my house that is warped and am worried about issues
that could arise from the wood being swollen and warped. Would it be
possible for me to replace just those areas or will I have to replace
the entire siding?
Thanks for any input,
Dan

Yes, you have to take some care and cut some nails but it can be done. You
first must determine the cause for warping so it does not come back.

If the section is large or the damage is spreading under the siding, it may
be just as easy to replace that wall.

m Ransley

Sure replace just pieces, but not till you get an exact size match ,
Paint fades and changes sheen , you will also have touch ups to do,
unless it was painted this year you will probably have to repaint the
side.

bumtracks

rough cut and tacked some siding here over existing then tacked on a firring
strip for a straight edge, ran the skill saw through both siding pieces so
the edges would match - hard to tell where they butt together after fresh
paint.

"Dan Kennedy" wrote in message
om...
Is it possible to replace sections of wood siding? I have a section
of the siding of my house that is warped and am worried about issues
that could arise from the wood being swollen and warped. Would it be
possible for me to replace just those areas or will I have to replace
the entire siding?
Thanks for any input,
Dan

Joe Bobst

Is it possible to replace sections of wood siding?

It's done all the time. But correct any problems you find that caused the
deterioration before doing the repairs. Remember that real wood needs to be
primed front and back for longest service. Stainless steel nails (or maybe
aluminum) would complete a first class job. Good luck.

Joe