P a U l L

Default Smoothing concrete?

Part of my patio has a broom finish on it. I'd really like it to be
smooth. Is there a way to remove the broom finish and have it
nice and smooth?

Thanks!
Jeff Cochran

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:36:04 GMT, " P a U l L" wrote:

Part of my patio has a broom finish on it. I'd really like it to be
smooth. Is there a way to remove the broom finish and have it
nice and smooth?

Any number of concrete coatings are available, check your local Yellow
pages.

Jeff

Richard J Kinch

P a U l L writes:

Part of my patio has a broom finish on it. I'd really like it to be
smooth. Is there a way to remove the broom finish and have it
nice and smooth?

Concrete planer. Not cheap.
TURTLE

"B" wrote in message
m...
Outdoor concrete is rarely smooth because it would be wet and slippery quite
often. -B

This is Turtle.

he is plaining on getting rid of his Mother in law , when she goes out on the
patio on a wet day.

TURTLE

TURTLE

" P a U l L" wrote in message
Part of my patio has a broom finish on it. I'd really like it to be
smooth. Is there a way to remove the broom finish and have it
nice and smooth?

Thanks!

This is Turtle.

Like Richard said , a Planer and they do get paid well for the equipment and
labor. Wear ear plugs when they do it.

Like others have said , I don't think you want a smooth finish on it. When it
rains and gets wet. The neighbor's kids will be over using it as a slide to play
on. You will at this time have ice skating ring for kids to play on. Also chairs
will slide out from under you when you go to get up. If you do this DO increase
your liability insurance on your home.

Happy Skating !

TURTLE

Tom Baker

" P a U l L" wrote in message ...
Part of my patio has a broom finish on it. I'd really like it to be
smooth. Is there a way to remove the broom finish and have it
nice and smooth?

Thanks!

You might look into having the surface of the entire patio ground down.
Then the entire surface would look the same.
Coatings can be hard to keep in good condition.
TB
m Ransley

Any coating you put on may fail in a few to 15 yrs, a broom finish is
safe, smooth wet concrete with the right shoes is like Ice, be happy and
leave it.