meirman

Default lawn mower stalls unless I tip it!

A lawnmower I have stalls every minute or 3 unless I am going up-hill
or I push the handle down and lift the front of the mower up. It does
this whether the tank is full or almost empty, afaict.

It's a push mower. It uses a Briggs & Stratton engine, about 2 or 2
1/2 HP, with the spark-plug on the front, and the small gas tank on
the right front (the side away from me on the right when I am holding
the handlebar.) It has a rubber bulb button that I press 3 times, or
4 or 5) before trying to start the engine. The engine starts easily.

Tipping the mower up to the left will also keep it running. Because
my end-of-group townhouse lawn is very small, I can still finish, but
is there a solution for this?

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
David Martel

Meirman,

Well you are being busy. It's good to work on that to do list sometimes.
I'd look at the float and float valve in the sediment bowl of your carb. The
valve may be sticking closed until you tip the mower.

Good luck,
Dave M.

m Ransley

Well then run it tipped, or take it in for repair, probably the float

Bennett Price

Good chance the tank has water in it. The water sinks to the bottom.
Sloshing the contents lets gas enter the carb.

Try draining the tank and airing it out until it is dry.