DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Genie Keyless Garage Door Pad Opener - No Electrician Needed as It'sWireless (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/77117-genie-keyless-garage-door-pad-opener-no-electrician-needed-itswireless.html)

Corinne November 15th 04 07:21 AM

Genie Keyless Garage Door Pad Opener - No Electrician Needed as It'sWireless

Are the subject openers hard to install? I can drill holes and screw it
to the side of the garage door, but the instructions for putting in a
four-digit code seem rather confusing.

Just wondering if I should buy one and if I can program it.

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

George E. Cawthon November 15th 04 08:09 AM

Corinne wrote:
Are the subject openers hard to install? I can drill holes and screw it
to the side of the garage door, but the instructions for putting in a
four-digit code seem rather confusing.

Just wondering if I should buy one and if I can program it.

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

Grab a 12 or 14 year old boy off the street to program if for you.
Can't be very hard but the instructions can be difficult to follow.
The kid won't even pay attention to the instructions and will have it
programed and explained to you (very slowly) before you can read the
instructions. Not trying to put anyone down, just an estimate based
on experience.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN November 15th 04 11:06 AM

Corinne wrote:
Are the subject openers hard to install? I can drill holes and screw it
to the side of the garage door, but the instructions for putting in a
four-digit code seem rather confusing.

Just wondering if I should buy one and if I can program it.

I don't see why you couldn't. I installed one a month or so ago with no
problem.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Rich November 15th 04 01:13 PM

"Corinne" wrote in message
Are the subject openers hard to install? I can drill holes and screw it
to the side of the garage door, but the instructions for putting in a
four-digit code seem rather confusing.

Just wondering if I should buy one and if I can program it.

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

Genie's keypad is very easy to program, you can read the instructions he
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com/kep-1.html

SQLit November 15th 04 03:57 PM

"Corinne" wrote in message
Are the subject openers hard to install? I can drill holes and screw it
to the side of the garage door, but the instructions for putting in a
four-digit code seem rather confusing.

Just wondering if I should buy one and if I can program it.

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

I bought mine, programmed it next to the opener, while I was on an ladder.
Then I screwed it to the wall. Works great.