Paul M

Default Gone Fishin

G. Morgan

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:15:57 -0500 "Paul M"
used 36 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Since we just moved into our new home .. I can't Really blame my wife
for detaching the wires that went to the plug in transformer that
POWERS our Home Security System and .. Shoving them into the wall,
because they were Ugly .. now can I?

Any ideas on how to retrieve those Ugly wires from deep down inside the
wall WITHOUT knocking a hole in it? I've even used the good ole "Clothes
Hanger" with Gum on the end trick! LOL (didn't work or I wouldn't be
asking)

Use a coat hanger, but put a small 1/2" hook on the end, not GUM!

Mark the edges of the outlet cover lightly with a pencil, then take it
off. Now you know how much sheetrock you can cut away when the cover
gets replaced. Just fish around in there, you can probably tell if
the wire is going up or down.

Also, gum man, you better turn off the circuit breaker first.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
m Ransley

Have your wife do it, fish for the wires.

G. Morgan

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:20:55 -0600 "m Ransley"
used 2 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Have your wife do it, fish for the wires.

Why are you telling me that?
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Jeff Wisnia

Paul M wrote:

Since we just moved into our new home .. I can't Really blame my wife
for detaching the wires that went to the plug in transformer that
POWERS our Home Security System and .. Shoving them into the wall,
because they were Ugly .. now can I?

Any ideas on how to retrieve those Ugly wires from deep down inside the
wall WITHOUT knocking a hole in it? I've even used the good ole "Clothes
Hanger" with Gum on the end trick! LOL (didn't work or I wouldn't be
asking)

BTW .. Just to make matters worse, our kitchen counters are in front of
this wall!

Thanks Everyone

Too bad "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" wasn't for real.

Have you got a friend in the construction trades with a fiber optic
lighed/scope? They use them to find stuff in walls. Things would go
easier if you knew where to reach.

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/ourStore/...000695HC.shtml

(Or maybe ya got a proctologist brother-in-law who can loan you a
flexible sigmoidoscope over the weekend.)

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"

Stormin Mormon

How about call the alarm company? Most alarm companies have some really
great wire fish guys.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Paul M" wrote in message
Since we just moved into our new home .. I can't Really blame my wife
for detaching the wires that went to the plug in transformer that
POWERS our Home Security System and .. Shoving them into the wall,
because they were Ugly .. now can I?

Any ideas on how to retrieve those Ugly wires from deep down inside the
wall WITHOUT knocking a hole in it? I've even used the good ole "Clothes
Hanger" with Gum on the end trick! LOL (didn't work or I wouldn't be
asking)

BTW .. Just to make matters worse, our kitchen counters are in front of
this wall!

Thanks Everyone

----

G. Morgan

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:19:49 GMT "Stormin Mormon"
used 36 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

How about call the alarm company? Most alarm companies have some really
great wire fish guys.

But we don't work for free. I'd be happy to charge him $75 for a
service call that will take all of 5 minutes.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Paul M

Edwin Pawlowski

"Paul M" wrote in message
Just wanted to say "Thanks Fellows" for the help.
The hook idea worked after quite a while of fishing!

Now, How do I get all of those Other fishhooks outta the wall? LOL

Hi Paul,
Glad to see your Web TV is working. Everyone in the fifth grade should have
one. Isn't it fun? If you think posting to newsgroups is fun, pretty soon
you will be old enough to masturbate. You'll like that too.