DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Deck-O-Seal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/76820-deck-o-seal.html)

Tom Becker November 6th 04 04:08 PM

Deck-O-Seal

The sealer around my swimming pool needs replacing
and quotes are $5/foot, so I am going to do it myself.
Is this a tough job to tackle?? Any trick in using
Deck-O-Seal 125, or is there a better sealant to use?

OldThreePutt

Dave Solly November 6th 04 05:45 PM

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 08:08:25 -0800, Tom Becker wrote:

The sealer around my swimming pool needs replacing
and quotes are $5/foot, so I am going to do it myself.
Is this a tough job to tackle?? Any trick in using
Deck-O-Seal 125, or is there a better sealant to use?

OldThreePutt

I just did mine this summer. Getting the old stuff out was a royal PITA.
Putting down the new was easy. I put sand on top of mine, then about 4
hours later blew off the excess with a leaf blower. Looks better then
plain, IMHO.

Dave

OldThreePutt November 7th 04 07:20 AM

Dave Solly wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 08:08:25 -0800, Tom Becker wrote:

The sealer around my swimming pool needs replacing
and quotes are $5/foot, so I am going to do it myself.
Is this a tough job to tackle?? Any trick in using
Deck-O-Seal 125, or is there a better sealant to use?

OldThreePutt

I just did mine this summer. Getting the old stuff out was a royal PITA.
Putting down the new was easy. I put sand on top of mine, then about 4
hours later blew off the excess with a leaf blower. Looks better then
plain, IMHO.

Dave

How did you remove it?? I thinking a wirewheel/wire

brush - I have ~90 feet to remove.

Dave Solly November 7th 04 02:50 PM

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:20:01 -0800, OldThreePutt wrote:

Dave Solly wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 08:08:25 -0800, Tom Becker wrote:

The sealer around my swimming pool needs replacing
and quotes are $5/foot, so I am going to do it myself.
Is this a tough job to tackle?? Any trick in using
Deck-O-Seal 125, or is there a better sealant to use?

OldThreePutt

I just did mine this summer. Getting the old stuff out was a royal PITA.
Putting down the new was easy. I put sand on top of mine, then about 4
hours later blew off the excess with a leaf blower. Looks better then
plain, IMHO.

Dave

How did you remove it?? I thinking a wirewheel/wire

brush - I have ~90 feet to remove.

The first time I did it (when the Deck-O-Seal was only a few years old), I
just used a knife. The last time I did it, it was about 15 years old and
had become very hard. I used a mason blade on a circular saw. I sent
Deck-O-Seal an email and this is what they recommended. I don't recommend
this method, however, since the Deck-O-Seal dust gets into the saw, flys
everywhere including the pool. If you do it this way, be sure you use an
old saw and wear a dust mask.

Dave