Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Default Which garage doors use "JGS" hinges?

The house we bought has an unlabelled 4x4 panel wood garage
door. There are no manufacturer markings other than the letters "JGS"
on one of the panel hinges.

We are trying to identify the make and model so that we can get an OEM
lock bar kit.

Any ideas on which door manufacturers might use that brand hinge?
If not, any thoughts on who "JGS" is?

Thanks
willshak

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

The house we bought has an unlabelled 4x4 panel wood garage
door. There are no manufacturer markings other than the letters "JGS"
on one of the panel hinges.

We are trying to identify the make and model so that we can get an OEM
lock bar kit.

Any ideas on which door manufacturers might use that brand hinge?
If not, any thoughts on who "JGS" is?

Thanks

Try this:
JGS OVERHEAD DOORS
10 NATE WHIPPLE HWY
CUMBERLAND, RI 2864
401-658-4000
Rich

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message

The house we bought has an unlabelled 4x4 panel wood garage
door. There are no manufacturer markings other than the letters "JGS"
on one of the panel hinges.

We are trying to identify the make and model so that we can get an OEM
lock bar kit.

Any ideas on which door manufacturers might use that brand hinge?
If not, any thoughts on who "JGS" is?

Thanks

JGS is the hinge manufacturer's stamp. Garage door section manufacturers
buy their bulk hardware from various sources with few exceptions.

Rich
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com

Rich

Not all lockbar assemblies are the same. Some lockbar discs are made with a
square hole, some with a diamond hole and some are embossed with a square
hole.
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com/lockbardiscs.html

Rich
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com
..

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

willshak writes:
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

The house we bought has an unlabelled 4x4 panel wood garage
door. There are no manufacturer markings other than the letters "JGS"
on one of the panel hinges.

Try this:
JGS OVERHEAD DOORS
10 NATE WHIPPLE HWY
CUMBERLAND, RI 2864
401-658-4000

I had already called them. They have the same initials but have
nothing to do with the hinge manufacturer.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

"Rich" writes:
"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message

JGS is the hinge manufacturer's stamp. Garage door section manufacturers
buy their bulk hardware from various sources with few exceptions.

Yup. I realize that, but was wondering if anyone here knew which
(major) manufacturers might be using hinges from JGS.
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

"Rich" writes:
Not all lockbar assemblies are the same. Some lockbar discs are made with a
square hole, some with a diamond hole and some are embossed with a square
hole.
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com/lockbardiscs.html

Rich
http://www.garage-door-hardware.com

Also, what specific parts do I need to make this all work.
I am assuming I need:
Locking handle
Cylinder & keys (does this come with the above)
Lock bar
Guide?

Is this right? Anything else?
Rich

You can get a lock package for your door that will include all the necessary
materials. What is the width of your door?