Me

Default Please please help with carpet cleaners....

I am a rookie... Had a little flood in the basement and the areas
which were 'wet' are now discolored... With respect to the
professional carpet cleaners out there, do the sub-$300 consumer
steamers do as good a job? I don't even know why the carpet is
discolored as it seems it was just water... thanks all!

Kevin Miller
Ft Wayne,, IN
Joseph Meehan

Me wrote:
I am a rookie... Had a little flood in the basement and the areas
which were 'wet' are now discolored... With respect to the
professional carpet cleaners out there, do the sub-$300 consumer
steamers do as good a job? I don't even know why the carpet is
discolored as it seems it was just water... thanks all!

Kevin Miller
Ft Wayne,, IN

In this case, I suggest you start with your insurance company and follow
their advice. If you have no insurance (time to get some) then call in the
professionals. Depending on where you are, you may find disaster-flood
recovery companies that have experience with your problem. If not, then
call in the professional carpet cleaners.

Keep in mind, it may have been damaged and no kind of cleaning or
treatment may work. Also keep in mind the longer you wait the greater
chance it will be permanent.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

m Ransley

Discoloring and any smell are likely mold. Carpet cleaners wont help
once mold grows. If its been wet for more than 2 days you should junk
it. You could try cleaning it but products to kill mold will probably
damage the carpet. Call your insurance co and carpet pros