jeff mattison

Default Cedar Wood Split Rail Fences and Concrete for the Posts

Howdy,

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. In our climate would it be a good idea to have
split rail wood cedar fence posts mounted in concrete for more stability?

Would the cedar fence post have to be wrapped with black electrical tape to
prevent any damage from the concrete?

Thanks,

Jeff Mattison

SQLit

"jeff mattison" wrote in message
Howdy,

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. In our climate would it be a good idea to

have
split rail wood cedar fence posts mounted in concrete for more stability?

Would the cedar fence post have to be wrapped with black electrical tape

prevent any damage from the concrete?

Thanks,

Jeff Mattison

cedar will not hurt the concrete nor will the concrete hurt the cedar.
I highly suggest that you put 2 coats of sealer/paint on your project and
then assemble, then paint final coat.
I did that on my gate project some 9 years ago. Still looks as good today.

Cedar will split in time if not protected. I have lived in PHX for 35 years,
there aint nothing that hold up to the sun except steel and concrete. And in
some situations even they have to be painted or protected.

davefr

Never set posts in concrete if you can avoid it. I see absolutely no
benefit for the fence you describe. Last time I dug in AZ the ground
was already like concrete.

"jeff mattison" wrote in message ...
Howdy,

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. In our climate would it be a good idea to have
split rail wood cedar fence posts mounted in concrete for more stability?

Would the cedar fence post have to be wrapped with black electrical tape to
prevent any damage from the concrete?

Thanks,

Jeff Mattison

rnr_construction

"jeff mattison" wrote in message
Howdy,

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. In our climate would it be a good idea to
have split rail wood cedar fence posts mounted in concrete for more
stability?

Would the cedar fence post have to be wrapped with black electrical tape
to prevent any damage from the concrete?

Thanks,

Jeff Mattison

cedar shouldnt be put in concrete. so they say over and over
it will rot out