Rich

Default well problem

Over the past year the flow of water tapers off to almost nothing after
about 15 minutes. This problem only happens while water the lawn or filling
the spa tub. I went down in the crawl while running the garden hose.The pump
in the crawl runs to about 50 psi kicks off and starts back up at 28psi. It
will do this about 4times then pressure goes down to almost nothing.I unplug
pump and pressure increases to about 20psi. I plug pump back in and
operation returns to normal as long as I dont run hose or fill spa tub. I
have had the pump disassmbled and checked. Pump ok. Sevaral people are
telling me that the the well head could be partially pluged by calcium
deposits. One guy suggested firing a 22 down the well pipe to shock the
head. I dont think so. Is there any other solution to this problem other
than diggindgup the well. We have alow table here Im told my well is about
20 down.

TURTLE

"Rich" wrote in message
[...]

This is Turtle.

Sounds like your purfe / screen at the bottom is getting clogged up or your flow
tubing is is cracked or clogging up. Other may have some eazy fixes but i think
I would call a well man to look at it.

TURTLE

bumtracks

if it was my shallow well with a sand point I'd back flush and hope to
unclog it - but I would expect I;d be extremely lucky if it worked ... most
likely I'd in the end simply sink another or more well points.

Sounds like If I was in your shoes I'd call a shallow well installer and
he'll know soil/water and local scenario's from experience & tell you right
off the bat how to fix it both the correct way and the temporarily elcheapo
way maybe with his air powered giant tank squirt gun filled with dairy queen
left over lemon aid.

"Rich" wrote in message
[...]

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

If you have a submersible pump, you might have a steel nipple connecting the
pump to the flexible tubing. On my well, in 1999, that had developed a hole
in it, causing the pump to run exessively and water pressure to run down
with lots of water usage. Nipples last about 20 years in acidic water.

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION • FILM SCANNING • DVD MASTERING • AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com
www.adventuresinanimemusic.com
-

"Rich" wrote in message
[...]

PJX

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:00:00 -0600, "Rich"
wrote:

[...]

Your well is pumping dry. Not good. Pray for rain.

Pj

Rob Sluys

Rich-

I'm no plumbing expert, but if you have an expansion tank you may want
to find out if the bladder in there is still intact. We had a similar
problem a while back and the rubber diaphram had given way. Replaced
the expansion tank and all was ducky. There should be an inflation
nipple on it which would allow you to "top off" the precharge of air in
there. If you try to let some air out and water comes out instead, I'd
say you may have found your problem.

Like I said, I'm no plumber, well digger, or the like..

~Rob

"Rich" wrote in
: