DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Empty Where Dishwasher Used To be (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/75205-empty-where-dishwasher-used.html)

cyberdock October 30th 04 07:54 PM

Empty Where Dishwasher Used To be

Hi,

My dishwasher has finally kicked the bucket. I am not really
intrested in buying a new one as we rarely used this one.
I was looking for Ideas on what to do with this space.
I saw some put together cabinets at lowes, Do they make
a size that would fit and how do you trim it out. Any
Ideas would be appreciated.

Cyberdock

I-zheet M'drurz October 30th 04 09:06 PM

cyberdock wrote:

My dishwasher has finally kicked the bucket. I am not really
intrested in buying a new one as we rarely used this one.
I was looking for Ideas on what to do with this space.
I saw some put together cabinets at lowes, Do they make
a size that would fit and how do you trim it out. Any
Ideas would be appreciated.

Was there something non-standard about the installation? If not,
the hole should be a standard size, fillable with a stock sized
kitchen cabinet. Of course you might have trouble coming up with
a perfect match to your other cabinets, but that depends on how
important that is to you. Would "getting close" do it? If so,
then start shopping for a base cabinet (I think standard width
for dishwasher openings is 30", but memory could be fading on
that one).

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.

Warren Weber October 30th 04 10:31 PM

"cyberdock" wrote in message
Hi,

My dishwasher has finally kicked the bucket. I am not really
intrested in buying a new one as we rarely used this one.
I was looking for Ideas on what to do with this space.
I saw some put together cabinets at lowes, Do they make
a size that would fit and how do you trim it out. Any
Ideas would be appreciated.

Cyberdock

Most dish washers are 24 inch width. A standard size in base cabinets. W W

cyberdock October 30th 04 10:48 PM

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:31:45 -0600, "Warren Weber"
wrote:

"cyberdock" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

My dishwasher has finally kicked the bucket. I am not really
intrested in buying a new one as we rarely used this one.
I was looking for Ideas on what to do with this space.
I saw some put together cabinets at lowes, Do they make
a size that would fit and how do you trim it out. Any
Ideas would be appreciated.

Cyberdock

Most dish washers are 24 inch width. A standard size in base cabinets. W W

Thanks, to all who replied.

Sounds like its going to be fairly easy project..

cyerdock

xrongor October 30th 04 11:30 PM

"cyberdock" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:31:45 -0600, "Warren Weber"
wrote:

"cyberdock" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

My dishwasher has finally kicked the bucket. I am not really
intrested in buying a new one as we rarely used this one.
I was looking for Ideas on what to do with this space.
I saw some put together cabinets at lowes, Do they make
a size that would fit and how do you trim it out. Any
Ideas would be appreciated.

Cyberdock

Most dish washers are 24 inch width. A standard size in base cabinets. W W

Thanks, to all who replied.

Sounds like its going to be fairly easy project..

i think ive even seen special washer fit cabinets made just to fill the
space where a washer used to be.

randy

Cliff Hartle October 31st 04 02:28 AM

If you can't find an exact match you could fill it with some kind of roll
around cabinet.

Something like this

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/s...ts=10110*10255

Certain high end kitchens have this as an option.

Trent© October 31st 04 11:20 PM

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 04:47:10 -0600, wrote:

Sounds like a good place to put your gun rack, and keep spare parts
for your demo car. If you got ta trim it out, just use some duck
tape.

Redneck69

Winter's a comin'. Why not put the dawg inner there?

Git 'em a big litter box, tho.

Have a nice one...

Trent